Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tarot Today



Since my last post, I've been revisiting my Tarot decks and reading some new material. I'll post some book reviews later.
The smartest thing I've done in the Tarot department is hook up with my friend Marie, AKA Tarot Buddy. We bounce readings off each other, and sometimes another person's interpretation adds a bit of illumination to a spread. Generally, we do this by email, writing the question, posting the cards, and giving our swing on the reading. Sometimes we come to the same conclusion, sometimes not. We don't use the same decks, so what we see in our cards is unique to each of us, but we will pick up themes.

The added benefit is when we get together to do readings. Mostly this has been about work or family situations (Yay! Holidays!) but we end the sessions with a joint reading an issue in the news. We've done Casey Anthony, the weird weather, etc. The last time we did this, our cards were in sync and our narratives flowed easily. So, yes, practice helps and so does working with someone.

Ok, so my goal today was to draw a card for these two questions: I used the Spiral Tarot and asked: What is the energy today at work? What energy will I bring to the day? I shuffled and intended to draw two cards. Instead I pulled three:

Six of Wands, King of Water and Knight of Swords. My interpretation: There is opportunity for success, but keep your eye on the prize. Manage your emotions and maintain an even keel. Remember, holding on too tightly is as damaging as ranting and raving. Rein in your thoughts, they are like words and can wound you.

So far, I've gotten good news, dealt with an emotional issue with detachment, and am working on solving a crisis. Looks like the cards gave me a wise heads-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment